Hello there! The Maleficent shoot is going viral and with the "virality" comes the bashers ---which we don't mind. Bring it on! We weren't called "Rebellious Brides" if we couldn't take the heat.
So just a few trivia about this shoot:
1. IT'S NOT A REAL WEDDING...so chill...relax. If this were a real wedding, it would probably not have the horns, the wings, and the staff.
2. In our concept shoot, Maleficent actually ends up with her sidekick in the movie--Diaval the crow. She obviously doesn't end up with the king.
3. The three couples in the shoot are REAL husbands and wives. The kids here are their real children. The kids loved the shoot--it was one of the reasons why we did the shoot was for their own amusement.
4. All the couples here are very much in love, and have been married for awhile--so for those who are widely speculating that the groom is unhappy and that they would probably end up annulled/divorced--that is unlikely to happen and that's very mean of you to say.
5. We chose Maleficent because at the end of the day the story is about LOVE. And the theme was for "Rebellious Brides" NOT for the Classic, Traditional bride.
As quoted from the Maleficent movie, and as scribbled in our faux wedding invitation, "Let us tell an old story anew. Where we are not afraid and love will find a way." This shoot was meant to show love from a different angle. You don't have to agree with it, but it is love. The shoot was made with love.
"Children have always been told she's pure evil. And she is evil, but it's not all she is, and it's not fair that her story was left there. For kids, it will be like unwrapping a mystery, unwrapping a present, finding out what was really going on. It's a fun discovery"
-- Angelina Jolie on Maleficent