Being both from advertising agencies, Kitty and Vince have a keen eye for beauty. Hence, it was all about glitz and glamour. It was a wedding where you excitedly realise you can wear your silk gloves and not look overdressed. In fact, the point was to wear your best pearls and fascinating fascinators!
Just like the good old times.
“Vince loves history, particularly the late 19th and early 20th century. Growing up, one of his favorite toys was a die cast 1920s Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost. On the other hand, I adore the glamorous – dramatic dresses and glittery accessories,” says Kitty.
“We’re fans of shows Boardwalk Empire, the HBO series set in Prohibition Era America, and Downton Abbey. So it was a case of the flapper meeting the dapper,” adds Vince.
The result was a Vintage Glam theme inspired by the Roaring 20s.
“We also wanted everyone to look dashing and fabulous. We wanted them to feel just how special they are. We wanted them to have a great time,” says Kitty.
Elements of Rebellion:
1. An all adult entourage
2. An intimate guest list of 125
3. The entourage in corsages instead of bouquets except for the mothers
4. Bridesmaids in different dresses, their own choice and we just tied the look together with pearls and headpieces purchased from claires.
5. Groomsmen in peacock feather boutonnieres that the bride made
6. Groom ditched his chucks for a patent leather pair to match his MNR Inc tuxedo, and learned how to tie a bowtie.
7. Bridal bouquet of orchids, spray roses and lily of the valley
8. Bride designed the mothers’ dresses
9. Bride did all the calligraphy place cards in the reception
10. Bride did all the calligraphy invitations
11. Bride and Groom designed the wedding invitation
12. The invites were letterpressed and shipped from Cebu
13. The groom did all the wedding paperwork
14. The Groom chose the wedding playlist
15. The Groom chose the SDE music
16. The Groom wrote the event script
17. The exchange of letters was really a surprise, the bride and groom did their own calligraphy.
18. Black table cloth at the reception
19. The bride and groom did the Tent cards for cocktails
20. Sit Down Dinner
21. NO doves, NO bouquet toss or garter toss, NO games and trivia during reception
22. We opted for a simple white cake and ordered a customized acrylic cake topper with uplight from Arizona.
23. NO power table, and the godparents were seated with people that actually know. We call it their little islands. They looked more happy and relaxed.
24. WE GOT TO EAT DINNER - we made sure that nothing is happening over dinner, just the quartet and the engagement photos cause for sure everyone's hungry.
25.The secondary sponsors are real life couples
26. We gave the suppliers a guide pdf, like a pre-prod kit with all our agreements and everything turned out beautiful.
27. And liquor, lots of liquor. We really wanted a party.
28. We wanted our guests to feel that it's not just about us, that the night is a celebration of love, friendship and family.
Preparation : The Peninsula Manila
Ceremony : Don Bosco Church, Makati
Reception : The Peninsula Manila
Photography: CamZar Photography
Videography: Dreamechanics Events Films
HMUA: The Make Up of Mica
Wedding Gown: Mel Orlina Couture
Bridal Headpiece: Bonne Handmade
Bridal Bouquet: Bluebarn Flowers
Bridal Nail Art: Roxanne Bunag
Groom's Tuxedo: MNR Inc.
Groom's Boutonniere: Bluebarn flowers
Bridesmaids Headpiece: Claire's
Groomsmen Boutonnieres: By the bride
Calligraphy: By the bride
Invitation Design: By the bride
Invitation Printing: Twenty O Four
Personalized Wax Seal: Twenty O Four
Bridal Car: JCA Bridal Car Rentals
Wedding Day Coordinator: Wedding Connections
String Quartet: String Minstrels
Cake: Cake Concepts
Cake Topper: ArtZenGraving
Follow us on Twitter! @RebelliousBride