|Layout made from the Rhonna Designs app|
Take for example real-life couple, Melo & Gelo. Their first wedding 14 years ago was a civil wedding and so it was the first time that they were going to have a church one. To save on costs, here are some of Melo's rebellious ideas:
1. Her ceremony and reception was at the same place. She had her wedding at the Adoration Chapel of St. James, Ayala Alabang (price: P5,000). Beside the chapel was a light & airy gazebo so she had her garden reception there. The cost? A donation to the church.
2. Instead of bouquets, Melo asked the entourage and even the female guests to be in fun, floral dresses!
3. Instead of a lunch or dinner reception, Melo had a mirienda reception for 60 guests. The guests enjoyed the menu which included: Southern Fried Chicken, Pork Sliders, Mac n Cheese, Panacotta Shots, and Rainbow Cake! PLUS, the wooden tables and mason jars added a rustic chic vibe to the mirienda! She got Pumpkin Catering and spent around P25,000 only!
Here are some of the photos from their simple, intimate, but lovely wedding:
Photography Credits: RD Salacup and Christina Itchon
Taking inspiration from Melo's wedding, here's a basic mood board + budget breakdown if you were also to do your wedding in St. James, Ayala Alabang:
1. Ask the entourage to wear their own floral dresses so no more bouquet. Cost: P0.00
2. Opt for a lacey white dress instead. Get it from Forever 21, H&M, Topshop, or in any of your favorite clothing brand for that matter. If you also have a way to order from the States, you can get a Monique Lhullier ML dress / Kate Spade Dress / Calvin Klein dress at Nordstrom's Rack at 60-80% off! Cost: Set a max. budget of P6,000. Use the same principle for your groom. Set a max. budget of P6,000 as well. To accessorize, borrow timeless jewelry from your mom or mother-in-law. That can be your "something borrowed."
3. Instead of hiring an event stylist, learn from awesome interior designers like Jonathan Adler and use what you have at home. Are you guys into books? Then stack it up and put mason jars on top of it. And there you go! You have a shabby chic centerpiece in an instant! Cost: P0.00
4. Opt for Tungsten Rings. Not only are they more affordable, it is also the most durable metal in the world. It's anti-tarnish and anti-scratch. In fact, it has grown to be the symbol for unbreakable love. Buy from Amazon or SilverWorks Cost: P6,000 FOR TWO RINGS
5. Use calligraphy where possible! It's the surefire way to make any wedding look pretty and romantic! Commission Alexis of Ink Scribbler and set a budget of P5,000
6. For some quirky details, go for huge golden balloons! It makes for awesome photo shoots and even whimsical table numbers! Assuming you get the jumbo letters L O V E - Cost: P500 (search on Sulit)
What NOT to scrimp on:
7. Good photography is KEY. We cannot stress this enough. Get Jamie Espadilla of A Dash of Jamie for a service only fee. Cost: P35,000
8. Good food will never go out of style. Always, always make sure that your guests are not just well fed but also enjoying an unforgettable meal. We have a current exclusive deal with Q Provisions Catering which will give you 20% off on all catering packages! Get them for a brunch or a mirienda reception. Cost: P25,000 for 50 pax
NOTE: At this rate, don't expect the usual wedding catering service that has VIP tables and couple's table, cocktails etc. etc. (those actually spike up the rates higher). Simply have a family style set-up and mingle with loved ones more intimately!
9. Go ahead and indulge yourself with good makeup. It's still your day so treat yourself and feel like a million bucks! Cost: Special rate from for The Makeup of Mica
10. Chapel & Venue assuming St. Jame's, Ayala Alabang. Cost: P8,000
11. Since your chapel and your reception is at the same venue, there's no need to get a bridal car.
12. Opt for an intimate wedding of about 50 pax and below
13. Opt for thoughtful giveaways from Papemelroti with a budget of P50/pax Cost P2,000 (assuming 40 pax excluding principal sponsors)
14. No need for the usual reception program. Opt for meaningful speeches and that's all you'll ever need.
15. Do your preps in your home. No need for a hotel!
16. Get a talented friend to sing at the ceremony and during the reception. But give him or her a decent gift with a budget of P2,500
17. Even if you are on a budget, don't forget to get your principal sponsors a wonderful gift! Set aside a budget of around P5,000 for this.
18. Set aside a miscellaneous fund for processing of your requirements and other possible incidentals. P5,000
19. No need for lights and sounds. It's a peaceful, serene place and you might not be allowed to go loud anyway.
20. No need for a coordinator, no need for a registration, no need for seating assignments . Ask friends and loved ones to basically help with gathering the entourage before walking down the aisle. It's a small wedding anyway and it's at the same venue.
Total so far: P118,000 -- You still have P32,000 to spend! What can you do with this money? Perhaps you can hire Woodstock Cinema (formerly Colors & Co.) as your videographer? We have a 20% deal with them as well! Or maybe after the wedding, you can treat your groom and yourself to a beautiful suite in a fancy hotel with spa treatments!
DESTINATION WEDDING OPTION
Do you dream of a beach wedding but you think it's just going to be super expensive? Well, here's our affordable alternative to that dream! Why not rent a beach house instead? Everything is possible if you just keep an open mind!
A beach house wedding sounds so exciting! In fact, we also considered that option when we were planning our wedding! Opt for #1 & #4 if you are into the whole beach house concept but you want to be in more familiar, relaxing, and luxe venue. #1 is a beach house rental at Tali Beach while #4 is a beach house rental at Punta Fuego. If you are on the more adventurous side, opt for #2 which is a house on a cliff at Surigao. #3 on the other hand is an intriguing island surrounded by a lake near Sierra Madre! Be ready to spend at least P32,000 for a 2 nights stay in any of these venues (reserve 1 room for your photogs)
- Instead of using props from your home, use candles inside jars. It's the most wonderful way to set the mood. But you'll have to spend on this though. Budget for at least P8,000
- Limit the guests even further to just 30 pax
- Catering will have out of town fees. Cost for Q Provisions Catering will change to P40,000
- Instead of hiring a makeup artist, take makeup lessons from The Makeup of Mica or Toni Rodriguez. Learn a new hairstyle from Pinterest or Youtube!
Total cost so far: P150,000 If you have additional budget to spare, get an on-the-day coordinator since destination weddings are quite difficult to execute. A basic sound system might also be needed so you can do a little bit of sound trippin' to set the mood.
The possibilities are actually quite endless. Apart from these suggestions you can also get beach house rentals in Palawan, Boracay, Cebu and other places.
More, more, more ideas!
|Photography by Nelwin Uy|
Remember! An affordable wedding is definitely possible but don't ever sacrifice on taste, style, and a little bit of ooomph. Know what to scrimp on but also add essential splurges.
This is just a teaser of what we can do for you. Inquire about our Wedding Agency Services!
Follow us on Twitter! @RebelliousBride